In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Food from the Bar will run from March 23 – June 15, 2020 to meet the increased need in the community. Once COVID-19 community needs have been met, remaining funds and food will be used to support our ongoing hunger-relief efforts.
Food from the Bar is a friendly competition between San Diego’s legal professionals to raise funds for Feeding San Diego. Last year, the campaign engaged more than 500 law professionals in raising funds, volunteering time, and bringing awareness to hunger in San Diego County. Since the campaign began in 2012, Feeding San Diego and participating law organizations have raised more than 1,062,000 meals for children and families in need.
Join the competition and help ensure that local children and families can get the nutrition they need. Earn competition points by raising funds as a team, volunteering at Feeding San Diego, and bringing awareness towards hunger relief.
If your law firm or organization is unable to participate in Food from the Bar this year, but you still would like to support and be recognized, you can make a gift here.
How it works:
- Register your team. Sign up for volunteer shifts. Start your fund drive.
- Rally your team and set goals
- Earn points and track your progress on your team page
- Each $1 raised = 5 points
- Succeed in getting another law organization to join Food from the Bar = 1,000 points
Benefits of participation:
- Logo recognition on Feeding San Diego’s Food from the Bar webpage
- Recognized in campaign press release distributed to local print, broadcast, and digital outlets (deadline: April 13, 2020)
- Firms that pledge to raise at least $5,000 will be listed as an “Above the Bar” Partner with prominent logo placement on the campaign webpage
- Special thank you and logo recognition in a printed quarterly newsletter mailed to 10,000 supporters
- Top teams will be recognized in the San Diego Business Journal after the competition