This information includes:
1. Personal information obtained from donors, volunteers and prospects through pledge cards, letters, surveys, applications, and other forms, in writing, in person, by telephone, or electronically (e.g. name, address, employer, birth date, credit card number, family members, interests, etc.)
2. Information may also be retained about present and past history of donations, volunteer service, committee service and any other interaction an individual may have with FSD.
PRINCIPLES, ACTIONS, AND BELIEFS:
· We do not rent or sell supporter information.
· We do not provide supporter information to organizations or individuals outside FSD and Feeding America.
· We will hold strictly confidential all information concerning donors and prospects, including names, addresses, names of beneficiaries, nature and value of estates, amounts of provisions or gifts, etc., unless a donor or prospect grants permission to use selective information for purposes of referral, testimonial, example, recognition, or publicity.
· We have procedures in place to limit access to information to employees and volunteers who need to know such information in order to fulfill our mission.
· We educate our employees and volunteers on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential personal and organizational information.
· We will use our best efforts to comply with the expressed wishes of any supporter who does not want their name used in any promotional material, wishes their name removed from solicitation lists, or wishes to have their gifts or services be anonymous.
· We will collect, use and share information about our supporters among employees and volunteers only on a need-to-know basis and for the sole purpose of carrying out FSD’s mission.
DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS:
1. The right to be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. The right to be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. The right to have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
4. The right to be assured gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. The right to receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition or to remain anonymous if desired.
6. The right to be assured that information about donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. The right to expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
8. The right to be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
9. The right to have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from lists that an organization may share.
10. The right to feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
REQUEST FOR REMOVAL FROM FSD’S MAILING LIST
Write or call us at:
Feeding San Diego, attn: Development Department
9455 Waples St, Ste 135 – San Diego, CA 92121
Please allow six to eight weeks for mail to cease.