On Friday, March 13, San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD) annouced that all San Diego Unified schools will close, effective Monday, March 16, in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and will reopen April 6th, unless conditions call for an extension.
Beginning Monday, March 16, San Diego Unified Food and Nutrition Services will be conducting a drive-thru/walk-up distribution of daily prepared meals, free of charge, to support students who rely on free and reduced school meals. We are proud to partner with San Diego Unified School District on this initiative. Together with the San Diego Food Bank, Feeding San Diego will be supporting these distributions with fresh produce.
Children will need to be present to receive meals, and each child 18 years and younger may take one lunch and one breakfast for the next day. All food is to be taken and consumed off-site. Meal distribution times for all locations will be from Monday through Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Serving locations (as of Monday, March 16):
- Cherokee Point Elementary – 3735 38th St, San Diego, CA 92105
- Clark Middle – 4388 Thorn St, San Diego, CA 92105
- Farb Middle – 4880 La Cuenta Dr, San Diego, CA 92124
- Kearny High School – 1954 Komet Way, San Diego, CA 92111
- O’ Farrell Charter School – 6130 Skyline Dr, San Diego, CA 92114
- Porter Elementary North – 445 S 47th St, San Diego, CA 92113
- Sherman Elementary School – 301 22nd St, San Diego, CA 92102
- Walker Elementary School – 9245 Hillery Dr, San Diego, CA 92126
- Zamorano Fine Arts Academy – 2655 Casey St, San Diego, CA 92139
More information regarding San Diego Unified School District updates can be found here.
For a full list of known food service sites open across San Diego County while schools are closed, click here.
For more information on Feeding San Diego’s COVID-19 response, including where to find food or how to make a gift, go here.