Become part of the NUcrew with Corey, Tops, Wedge and other kids who fight hunger and learn about nutrition. If you are 6 to 10 years old, then the NUcrew is for you. Join and do your part by volunteering, hosting a food drive in your classroom or writing about why ending hunger is important to you.
How to Become a Member
1. Click the button below to sign up. Make sure you have an adult with you to enter their information.
2. Get your welcome packet in the mail. Or we can send you an email to print them at home. Wheelz and the NUcrew will send you postcards from around San Diego!
3. Complete activities to help fight hunger. You can earn prizes and be featured on our website!
4. Recruit friends and classmates to join the NUcrew with you.
Wheelz and the NUcrew On the Go
Featured NUcrew Member
Be the first NUcrew member to write in and share why ending hunger is important to you. Your story could be featured here.
Facts About Feeding San Diego
1 in 5 children in San Diego County are at risk of hunger. But you can help. By joining the NUcrew, you’ll be part of a team that fights hunger by volunteering, collecting money and telling other people about the importance of nutritious food.
- Last year, FSD distributed 21.2 million pounds of food. That’s the same as 1,595 male African elephants!
- Each month, FSD feeds more than 16,000 children through its Feeding Kids programs, which would fill 300 school buses!
- FSD serves 63,000 children, families and seniors each week.
- Volunteer at our distribution center
- Send us a story about your experience volunteering or why ending hunger is important to you
- Hold a food drive for your classroom
- Hang up a Wheelz and the NUcrew poster on your classroom’s bulletin board
Food & Fund Drives
Organizing a food and fund drive at your school or your mom or dad’s office is a great way to fight hunger and raise awareness. Contact Christine Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you want to host one for your school, event or family.