Please call 1.888.398.8702 and tell your Members of Congress to protect SNAP!
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2018
The Farm Bill is in conference committee this month and we need your help to make sure that our representatives protect the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) in the final bill! Join us for a national call-in day on Thursday, September 13.
Calling Congress is easy!
Dial our toll-free number, enter your zip code, and you’ll be connected to your Member of Congress’s office.
- Dial our toll-free number, (888) 398-8702 and listen to the pre-recorded message. Enter your zip code, and you’ll be connected to the office of your Member of Congress.
- Once you are connected to your Member of Congress, state that you are a constituent and give your name and the town you are calling from.
- Let the office know you are calling about The Farm Bill.
Deliver this message:
Please use the following script to help oppose cuts to SNAP and advocate for a strong Farm Bill.
- I am a constituent and I stand with the Feeding America network of hunger-relief organizations.
- Please protect SNAP – a critical program that helps millions of children, seniors, families, singles and veterans across the country – by supporting the Senate SNAP provisions of The Farm Bill.
- I’m counting on my representative to pass a strong Farm Bill that protects and strengthens federal nutrition programs and helps hungry communities in America.
Spread the Word
Help us spread the word by sharing with your family and friends and on social media!
Sample social media messages
- Will you stand with children, seniors, families, singles, and veterans facing hunger? Call your Members of Congress at 888.398.8702 and tell them to protect and strengthen federal nutrition programs. #FarmBill
- SNAP serves 20 million children. Call your Members of Congress at 1.888.398. 8702 and tell them to oppose any cuts to SNAP. #FarmBill #ProtectSNAP
- #SNAP provides healthy, nutritious food to over 40 million Americans. Dial 888.398.8702 and tell your Members of Congress to protect Americans facing hunger.