Hunger doesn’t take a summer vacation.
1 in 6 children in San Diego County struggle with hunger. During the summer months, thousands of children lose access to breakfast and lunch programs, a critical source of nutrition.
Through direct service and our community partners, Feeding San Diego works to meet this specific need throughout the region. With your help, we can provide enough food for children to grow and thrive.
Help us raise one million meals to fuel summer for children and families in need!
Ways to Get Involved
- Give today to support our critical food distributions for children and their families over the summer months and all year round.
- Join Food 4 Less, Ralphs, NBC7 and Telemundo 20 in providing Fuel for Summer! From May 13 to June 9, grab a Virtual Food Box valued at $5 (20 meals) or $10 (40 meals) along with your groceries while shopping at Ralphs or Food 4 Less. Scan the Virtual Food Box at check-out and a donation of $5 or $10 to Feeding San Diego will be added to your total.
- Sign up for a volunteer shift at the Feeding San Diego distribution center.
- Advocate by sharing your voice online: like Feeding San Diego on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Encourage your friends to join the campaign and let others know how to access food resources in the community!
- Challenge your co-workers to a friendly fundraising competition. Create small teams and see who can raise the most money for a good cause. Contact Charina Layman at email@example.com for more information.
- Attend an event that supports Fuel for Summer.