Restaurants Unite Against Hunger is a new event during our Month of a Million Meals campaign that brings restaurants together on one day to fight hunger, make a difference in the community, and lead the way for local businesses to support their neighbors.
On Tuesday, December 11, Feeding San Diego invites restaurants, breweries, bakeries, and other eateries across San Diego to demonstrate their commitment to hunger relief by donating 5% of all food and beverage sales for the day. To participate, we need your restaurant’s RSVP by November 26.
PARTICIPATING RESTAURANTS (Please support our restaurant partners!)
Benefits for participating restaurants
- Featured on our Feeding San Diego website
- Shared on social media posts leading up to the event (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Boosted ads on Facebook and Instagram
- Promoted in Feeding San Diego’s enewsletter (46,000 subscribers)
- Widely promoted during the Month of a Million Meals initiative
- Specified in a press release broadly disseminated to news outlets in the region
- Donations are tax deductible
Benefits to the community
Month of a Million Meals is an annual campaign to raise meals for the 1 in 6 kids and 1 in 8 people in San Diego who lack consistent access to adequate food. Last year, we raised more than 4 million meals! The campaign is supported by a partnership between Feeding San Diego and the E.W. Scripps Company in San Diego, that includes ABC10, MeTV, 10news.com, and thousands of generous San Diegans.
The campaign benefits nearly half a million people who experience hunger every day in San Diego County. Every dollar raised provides four nutritious meals to our neighbors in need.
Contact Charina Layman
Senior Partnership Manager