Feeding San Diego acknowledges the injustice of George Floyd’s death and the systemic racism that is pervasive throughout our country. As we mourn and come to a collective reckoning with our community, we are reminded of Feeding San Diego’s value of dignity. We embrace equity, diversity, and inclusion and believe in the power of kindness.
Feeding San Diego stands with Feeding America in committing ourselves to positive action, not just words, to build a community with justice for all.
STATEMENT FROM FEEDING AMERICA
We stand together with the black community, knowing that “justice for all” is a choice.
We will act together because words alone cannot fix what is broken.
- Escalate our work to advance equity, diversity and inclusion throughout our organization.
- Understand we do not have all the answers and will partner with experts in this area to advance our growth.
- Diversify our staff and board to include more women, members of the black community, other people of color and people with lived experience of hunger.
- Increase our investment in communities of color, who we know are disproportionately affected by poverty and hunger.
- Listen to and amplify underrepresented voices and advocate for government policies that can make a positive impact on the lives of people facing hunger.
- Expand our efforts to bring members of underrepresented communities together and provide a platform to co-create solutions.
- Hold ourselves accountable, by posting actions taken.
You should expect progress.
We stand together.